Two Day Axe Workshop
You will be taken through how to
- choose an axe for specific tasks.
- pro's and cons of their designs.
- how to care for your axe.
- learn axe safety and etiquette
- how to use it safely to fell trees, cross cut and split timber.
- selecting trees to fell and basic hazard tree identification.
- learn correct stances used when cutting
- safe knife use
- knife grips and cutting techniques
- use your tool skills to do some carving of useful camp equipment.
We recommend that you bring your own Small Forest Axe or similar, also bring what you have and we can have a look at it and discus it's merits.
Please indicate which dates you are booking for on your form!
This two day hands on course, will take us through the safe use of the axe, looking at their design and function and how to maintain them. We will consider the principles of tree selection, tree health and woodland management. We will also cover some uses of tree types and their uses. We will be felling trees, cross cutting and splitting them. This can be a physically demanding course. This is a catered course.
Joining information, equipment list and how to get here will be sent out on completion of your booking and receipt of full payment.
By Booking this course you are acknowledging and agreeing to Tree-ditions terms and conditions